How to create a WordPress WebSite from scratch, free.
If you are a beginner and want to create a WordPress website from scratch for free and easily, we recommend you to get started with our guide, or if you do not have time or are tired to create a website step by step, then you can order our WordPress website creation service at the best price. In these days many internet users looking to build a website such as personal blogs, online stores, classified ads, business/corporate, portfolios, real estate or online magazines.
For all these websites categories exist a platform called: WordPress. People often make the mistake of classifying WordPress as just a blogging platform. While you can still use WordPress to create a simple blog, now it also allows you to create fully functional websites and mobile applications. According to a recent survey, WordPress powers 27% of all websites on the internet.
STEP 1: CHOOSE THE RIGHT PLATFORM
First of all, you need to choose the right platform for your website, because later is a bit difficult to move from one to other. In these sense I’m going to show you and others popular CMS such as Drupal, Joomla! or Typo3.
A statistics made by W3Techs discover that WordPress is the most popular content management system, followed by Joomla, and Drupal.
Ok, let’s talk about WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!
Is one better than the other?
WordPress is like a transformer. With a few twists and turns, you can transform it into a usable website and get it launched fast. But you’re somewhat limited to what it can do. In 2018, content management systems (CMS) like WordPress have made creating a website accessible to everyone. To put simply, a content management system (or website building platform) is a user-friendly platform for building websites and managing your own online content, instead of using a bunch of loose HTML pages.
Drupal is like Lego. Instead of a complete prebuilt solution, it is more of a framework. With these building blocks, you can build it into anything you want. The possibilities are endless. (But it does take longer to put together.) With other words, Drupal is for professionals web developers and experienced coders, it comes with a very steep learning curve that makes it a bad choice for beginners. Joomla is similar to WordPress and works great for online stores, but you’ll need at least a little bit of technical coding to make it work the way you want.
Drupal has enterprise-level security. The whitehouse.gov site uses Drupal. WordPress plugins can have vulnerabilities that make them easier to hack. (It’s also possible this in part because of its huge reach.) But, there are third party plugins can increase security. More details read here.
For beginners, we strongly suggest to get started with WordPress. It’s the easiest platform I’ve ever worked with, but it’s flexible enough to suit everyone from small business owners, and freelancers to creative artists and bloggers.
Next step is to get a domain name for your website.
In order to get set up your WordPress website, you’re going to need two things:
First a A domain name is your website’s address on the internet. This is what your users will type in their browsers to reach your site (For example, themehelp.us or google.com). Read more here.
Domain names are your gateway to the online world. Once you have a brilliant idea for a website or blog, then you’re going to want a compelling domain name to go with it.
If you want to purchase a domain name for your website, you’re going to need to work with a domain name registrar. Domain name registrars are the companies that manage the domain names behind all of your favorite websites. Now, it’s time to add yours to the list.
Most registrars come equipped with a similar sets of features, but also have distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Below we dive into what a domain name registrar actually is, how to choose the right registrar for you, what to watch out for, and the good and bad of some of the most popular domain registrars out there.
Below we offer an inside look into some of the biggest domain name registrars out there. Not every choice below will be the perfect fit for every situation, so take what we have to say, and do your research thoroughly.
Read more here.
Next step is to choose a good Web Hosting provider (a service that connects your site to the internet).
All websites on the internet need hosting. This will be your website’s home on the internet. HostGator is one of the largest hosting companies in the world. They are also powerfull WordPress hosting.
They are working with WordPress at the beggining, and are committed to give back to the community. That’s why they have promised us that if you cannot set up your website by following this tutorial, then our expert team will complete the process for you without any cost.
The first step is to identify what your needs are – with one eye on the future growth of your website – then choose an appropriate plan at the right price. Web hosting companies usually offer three main paid-for tiers of hosting packages.
Shared hosting means you share a server with other sites and web hosting accounts. The site can often be slower and these plans are for sites that don’t use a lot of bandwidth. Read more here and here.
Here are some of recommended wordpress hosting providers:
Next step: Install WordPress
Ok, after choosing a good hosting provider we will proceed with WordPress installation. Today many hosting companies provide cPanel with Softaculous which makes it easy for webmasters to work and everything happens with a few clicks.
If is necessary to manually install WordPress if you are having trouble with auto-installer method, then follow these steps.
Step 1: Download WordPress
Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/.
Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your local computer.
Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account
There are three available options for uploading WordPress to a hosting account.
Upload via FTP – Please see FTP Getting Started for more information.
Upload via File Manager – Please see How to Upload Using the File Manager for instructions.
Upload via SSH – Please see How to Get and Use SSH Access for instructions.
Read more here.
Install a WordPress Theme
Once you have successfully installed WordPress to your domain, you’ll see a very basic yet clean site. Like this:
The visual appearance of your WordPress site is controlled by a WordPress theme. WordPress themes are professionally designed templates that you can install on your website to change its appearance.
You can change your theme from the WordPress admin dashboard. Visit Appearance » Themes page and then click on the ‘Add New’ button.
Those of you who have spent any length of time browsing the WordPress Free Themes Directory will know that there are a huge number of free WordPress themes available for you to install on your site. At the time of writing, there are an astonishing 1,482 themes, and the directory grows by another 20-30 every single month.
With so many free themes available, you may be wondering why on earth you would ever pay for a premium theme. That is a reasonable question to ask, but there are in fact a multitude of reasons as to why you should choose a premium theme for your WordPress site. Read more here.
Regarding paid themes, can be purchased from individual developers or many other marketplaces such as:
ThemeForest.net is one of the best marketplace in the world where many web designers sell their themes for various Content Management Systems, like WordPress, joomla!, drupal, magento, opencart, moodle, prestashop and others. Below we prepared a list with top wordpress themes, based on ratings by various users worldwide. Remember that all the developers who sell any theme, they will provide to you guaranteed support.
Here is a great video with the best 50 premium WordPress themes:
Next Step is to Add Content to Your WebSite
With your theme installed, you’re ready to start creating content. By default, WordPress shows your blog posts on the front page of your website. You can change that, and make WordPress show any page as the front-page of your website (we’ll show you how to do that later in this guide).
You can create a separate page for your blog or news section. In fact, you can create a website without any blog section at all. Let’s quickly run through some of the basics:
1. Look along the sidebar in the WordPress Dashboard for “Pages” -> “Add New”.
2. Once you’ve clicked, you’ll find a screen that looks a lot like what you’ve maybe seen in Microsoft Word. Add text, images and more to build the page you want, then save it when you’re done.
Here’s a short video tutorial explaining how to add content to your WordPress site. It includes an explanation of the difference between posts and pages, how to paste in content from a Word file, instructions for uploading photos, how to create a link, how to bold or italicize text, and how to add categories.
Congratulations! A part of your website is done!
Next you will learn what types of websites you can create with wordpress
1. Blog or Personal Website – is what we have above, in other words above we have prepared the place to start a serious website.
2. Business Website – Are you looking to create a website for your small business? Or have you been thinking about starting an online business? In this STEP BY STEP video, I’m going to show you how I created an entire business website in under an hour! The platform we’re using to make this website is WordPress, which I explain more about in the video.
WordPress is the easiest way to build a professional looking business website. It is so powerful that many big name brands are using WordPress to power their websites. It gives you easy tools to quickly launch a website and then extend it as your business grows.
Setting up a website for your business can be costly if you are using professional web designers and developers. Fortunately, if you’re anticipating that your website isn’t going to be too complex with too many pages and features, you can design and build your site yourself using several cost-effective tools. Read more here.
3. eCommerce – WordPress is quickly becoming a go to solution for building an eCommerce website. There are awesome plugins that helps to turn your WordPress into an online store. Of course, first on the list is WooCommerce, which has been the top WordPress eCommerce plugin for quite some time. It supports more than a million active installs and, as already mentioned, covers more than a third of the entire online shop market. Other plugins like Easy Digital Downloads, and WPEcommerce convert your WordPress website into fully functional eCommerce platform. You can accept payments, manage inventory, shipping, taxes, and users from the same roof. Read more here.
Learn how to create an ecommerce website with WordPress. This is a step by step video tutorial on how to make an online store so you can sell whatever you want.
This free tutorial on how to use wordpress to create an ecommerce website will teach you everything about wordpress. You’ll also get step by step help on how to set up your online store so it looks super professional.
4. Job Board – WordPress allows you easily create a job board where employers can post job listings and professionals can respond to them. On the market exist several plugins and themes that helps to build and website for jobs. WPJobBoard does a lot more than listing jobs on your website. WPJobBoard is a fully-featured 360º applicant tracking system that’s easily and inexpensively installed without monthly subscription fees. Jobs are published using the powerful features of WordPress. Applicants search for jobs and apply using easily customizable forms. Job creators and stakeholders create job definitions, see responses from applicants through email notifications and take advantage of all the powerful multi-user, role based, content management advantages built into WordPress.
Creating job for WordPress made easy by “Job Board Manager” plugin. super lightweight plugin allows you to create job manager site employer can submit job and employee can apply for job.
5. Business Directory – Just like job boards, there is increasing demand of niche business directories on the web. You can even create web directory that is not limited to businesses alone. There are several free and paid options available which makes it hard to choose the right one.
The WordPress Business Directory plugin by CreativeMinds is the one for you. This business directory plugin gives you the ability to create an embeddable professional directory for your WordPress site. Read more here.
6. Question & Answer Website – With WordPress you can easily create a question and answers website. Combine it with other tools, and you can build yourself a thriving online community of your own like Yahoo Answers, Stack Exchange, or Quora. Online question and answer communities are great places for users to ask questions and receive answers. Some people may want to have an entire site dedicated to questions and answers or simply want a section of their site. In this video, we will show you how to create a question and answer section on your site.
7. NonProfits and Religious Websites – With WordPress plugins you can add donate form and raise money by accepting paypal donations. There are some great WordPress themes for churches and nonprofits. The lightweight and finely coded Deeds premium Church WordPress Theme 2017 is aimed at building a progressing website on multiple niches, such as church website, religious propagation, nonprofit organization, ministry, church event, church donation or a church fundraising website. It is cleaner, quicker and easier to customize, and is perfect for the newbies. A premium theme you can find here.
8. Portfolio Websites – A good-looking portfolio site on WordPress can open a lot of doors to meeting (and impressing) potential clients. You can easily add a portfolio to your WordPress site with stunning image galleries, and beautiful sliders. WordPress can be used to provide a very sleek and polished user experience for your portfolio site making it easier for others to browse and learn about your work.
Here are the eight basic steps you’ll need to follow to get your portfolio site on WordPress up and running.
9. Online Communities – Once you’ve decided you want to create a community on WordPress, you need to work out what type of community you want to create. The main thing you should consider overall is to make it as easy as possible for users to connect to each other easily and quickly. You should give your users a clear message of what they should be doing – for example offering help and advice. WordPress can be used as an online forum using the lightweight bbPress forum. You can even add social features to a WordPress site with plugins like BuddyPress. Read more here.
Running your own social network can be confusing and very complex to set up, but it doesn’t have to be. Buddypress was created to give you a simple way to bring WordPress user profiles to the front-end. This gives members the ability to view their profile information and interact with network components that are necessary to engage on your site.
Another video tutorial.
10. Coupon Website – Create a coupon website on WordPress to diversify the way you monetize it. Everybody is looking for coupons. You may want to promote your own deals or create a dedicated coupon site like RetailMeNot, Groupon or The Krazy Coupon Lady and monetize it with affiliate links, here’s how to do it in WordPress either by choosing a Coupon WordPress Theme or by adding them to your existing theme with a WordPress Coupon Plugin.
Use WordPress to create a coupon site. It allows you to easily add, manage, and expire coupons. Read more here.
11. Auction Websites – Auction websites are very popular nowadays and we can easily build one with this auction WordPress theme. This is one of the best solutions to make an auction website easily and fast. With WordPress, you can create a fully functional auction website. Users can bid online, make payments, and you get to earn by simply providing a platform for your niche industry.
It comes with all the functionalities that are needed plus with a responsive design so it works perfectly with mobile devices as well. It comes with powerful backend for the administrator and for the members as well where everything can be managed easily.
12. Multilingual Websites – No you do not need to setup a multi-site or have separate WordPress installs for each language. You will be able to easily translate your WordPress posts, pages, tags, categories, and themes into as many languages as you like. First thing you need to do is install and activate the Polylang plugin. Upon activation, you need to visit Settings » Languages to configure the plugin. Rad more here.
13. Knowledgebase / Wiki Websites – Basically, a Knowledgebase is used to display and manage articles or information. Or we can say that a Knowledgebase is a database of knowledge where information exists in the form of Articles which lies beneath different Categories. The Knowledgebase can have help documents, manuals, troubleshooting information and frequently asked questions (FAQ). Knowledgebase needs to be interactive and should lead users towards the solutions of the problems they are seeking for.
14. Podcasting Websites – Creating a WordPress site is really not that complicated, and if you’re truly serious about your podcast, you should give it a shot. WordPress often gets typecast as being a blog-only platform, but it can do a lot more. Getting to know the platform is remarkably simple too. Anyone can learn its basics in a day or two, then move on to building their own projects. Most popular podcasters on the web are using WordPress for their websites. Read more here.
15. Niche Affiliate Websites – Want to make some money? Of course you do. Who doesn’t? And do you know what the best part is? You can make a killing using WordPress as we’ve already seen in the recent past. Today we will build you an affiliate site, so you can go ahead make some moolah, and buy beach houses, Ferraris and the works. All this for you, just so you can learn something new and live large because you deserve it. Read more here.
Here are the best affiliate marketing tools and plugins available for WordPress. These tools will boost your affiliate earnings and make things a lot more easier. Details here.
16. Photography Websites – With WordPress, you can build a professional website in approximately 1 hour without any coding background! In this video, we will showcase how to build a photography website with NO steps skipped. You can add galleries, albums, titles, captions, lightbox popups, slideshows, and the bells and whistles.
17. School or College Websites – This is very simple to do first of all you need a theme. We show a collection which includes premium WordPress themes for school, university, online course and other education related websites. Building professional and unique education website has never been easier thanks to relatively cheap themes available from Themeforest and other online marketplaces. WordPress powers thousands of schools and college websites around the world. It is safe, secure, and easy to manage.
This School management system is set up using Formidable Pro.
18. Restaurant Website – Do you need to build a website for your restaurant or local business? Don’t want to pay someone $5k to create a website? Well in this video I will show you exactly how to build an elegant website for your restaurant using WordPress. 100% Free and easy to follow, most of the work is already done for you. Menu integration, OpenTable integration, mobile responsive, contact form, blog, and much more. A very powerfull theme you can view here.
19. Conferences / Event Websites – Create a website for an upcoming event or conference using WordPress without writing a single code. A ready theme is Lisbon – a WordPress theme for conference, meeting and event websites. It is a highly suitable template for companies that plan meetings as well as event management websites. It has purpose oriented design, responsive layout and special features like appointment forms, services, event planner, schedules, pricing plans and other pages.
20. Automotive, Car Dealership, Car Rental, Vehicle, Bikes, Classified Listing Websites – The prime objective in creating Motors for WordPress was to satisfy the automotive industry’s needs. Motors for WordPress does this in six unique ways: Car Dealership Demo, Directory & Listings Demo, Car Repair/Mechanics Service Demo, Car Rental, Boat Dealership Demo & Motorcycle Dealership Demo.
Read more about this theme here.
How to customize your Website theme
A personalized theme design will raise your website to a different level and visitors will be pleased to come back again. Learn how to customize any WordPress theme by understanding the files that control the themes appearance and structure starting with 3 of the most important files to understand: style.css, header.php, footer.php – Learning how these 3 files construct your WordPress site is the beginning of learning how to customize the appearance and structure of any WP theme into any website you can design.
The Theme Customization API, added in WordPress 3.4, allows developers to customize and add controls to the “Appearance” → “Customize” admin screen. The Theme Customization screen (i.e. “Theme Customizer”) allows site admins to tweak a theme’s settings, color scheme or widgets, and see a preview of those changes in real time. Read more here.
Another video tutorial:
To speeding up your site you need to improve WordPress performance. Fast loading pages improve user experience, increase your pageviews, and help with your WordPress SEO. In this article, we will share the most useful WordPress speed optimization tips to boost WordPress performance and speed up your website. So, follow some steps for a best optimizations. Read more here.
In this videos, you’ll learn how you can speed up your wordpress website by using image optimization for your wordpress website! I also use a plugin called the wp fastest cache which will help decrease the load time on your website by a few seconds. The tutorial shows you how i started at a 3-4 second loadspeedtime and how i end with just one second!
Secure your WordPress Website
If you are serious about your website, then you need to pay attention to the WordPress security best practices.
Security in WordPress is taken very seriously, but as with any other system there are potential security issues that may arise if some basic security precautions aren’t taken. This article will introduce you to basic security concepts and serve as an introductory guide to making your WordPress website more secure.
Security is not an absolute, it’s a continuous process and should be managed as such. Security is about risk reduction, not risk elimination, and risk will never be zero. It’s about employing the appropriate security controls that best help address the risks and threats as they pertain to your website. Read more here.
Hackers attack WordPress sites both big and small with over 90,978 attacks happening per minute. Fortunately, there are numerous ways you can protect your WordPress site.
With so many hackers attempting to infiltrate WordPress sites regularly, you may begin to wonder if WordPress is really secure at all. You can stop wondering because WordPress is inherently secure, though, there’s a caveat.
The security team behind WordPress works diligently to neutralize any vulnerabilities that surface within the WordPress core. Security patches are included in core updates that are released consistently and on a regular basis. Read more here.
What Is The Best Security Plugin For WordPress – 5 WordPress Security Plugins Compared
Not sure what the best security plugin for WordPress is? In this video, I will be looking at 5 different WordPress security plugins and sharing my experience with each of them.
This video is part of a video series on WordPress security. It will be organized in a WordPress security playlist.
Search Engine Optimization for your WordPress Site
Need to get traffic? This process requires a good indexing in search engines. So, pay attention to the WordPress SEO.
Out of the box, WordPress is a pretty well optimized system, and does a far better job at allowing every single page to be indexed than every other CMS we have used. But there are a few things you should do to make it a lot easier still to work with. Read more here.
Setting up WordPress sites is easy, properly optimizing them for SEO isn’t. WordPress is decent for SEO out of the box, especially the new versions. But there are still scopes to transform that ‘decent’ bit into ‘excellent’. SEO is not limited to low quality link building and blatant keyword stuffing any more. It has literally gone through an evolution in the past decade, and will never stop evolving. In this article I’ll randomly present 31 easy to implement, effective ways to boost the SEO of your WordPress blog. Details here.
If you are looking how to optimize your WordPress website then don’t like any further because this video is for you! In this video, you will learn how to use one of the most powerful SEO plugins aka, “Yoast SEO”.
This plugin allows you to optimize each of your web-pages individually so you may ranks more easily and higher in the search engines and as a result, receive more organic traffic.
Fix WordPress Errors
WordPress is an amazingly stable platform thanks to the dedication and talent of the hundreds of professionals contributing to it, and the strict code standards they follow. Even so, the huge variety of themes, plugins and server environments out there make it difficult to guarantee nothing will ever go wrong. This guide will help you pinpoint and fix common WordPress problems users encounter, quickly, and without being a WordPress guru.
The following common errors can be:
Theme is missing the style.css stylesheet
404 Not Found
Error establishing a Database Connection
Maintenance Mode Message
Allowed Memory Size Exhausted
Internal Server Error (HTTP 500)
Customizer Won’t Load
The Blank White Screen
Read more here.
A great plugin can be downloaded from the official WordPress repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-error-fix/.
Keep your website error-free
Easy to use
Provides solutions to errors within hours
Prevents costly maintenance time
WHAT YOU GET:
Monitors your site and notifies you when there are errors
Our dedicated team sees the error and provides a solution within hours
Errors that cannot be programmatically fixed, CodePinch provides technical consultation on how to resolve the issue.
To be continued… 🙂